24 (tick, tick, tick)

Sometimes the monotony of going to work, going home, going back to work, going home, becomes a seemingly endless existance. (Except for when you're about to leave the country for nearly six weeks, ha, nifty!) Over the past few weeks, I've been feeling a little un-appreciated at work, and have subsequently developed a small chip on my shoulder. Actually, scratch that. It's not a chip. It's actually a thunder cloud. My own little thunder cloud, that floats around with me everywhere I go. (I wish I was joking with you, however one of my colleagues even went so far as drawing me my own stormcloud, that peeks out at me from the whiteboard nearby.)


Anyway,  suffice it to say that working on my birthday - my first birthday in a foreign country - was not something I was really looking forward to. It started off terribly, thanks to a train mulfunction (as usual) and my 45 minute journey doubled to 90 minutes. Plus 30 degree weather and enough humidity to equal a tropical jungle, and I was a giant walking bag of sweat. It was gross.


My colleagues were awesome, and spoiled me for the day. I got a cute cake, a voucher for a pedicure (!) and a pressie from mum that arrived today, of all days. Jase spoiled me with some travel $$ for the USA, and we had a few birthday drinks. Plus, I recieved not one, not two, but five e-cards.







Thank you to everyone for the birthday wishes. You're all fabulous.*


*Yes, even you, Oscar.


12 Comments • Labels:  

12 comments:

Vanessa said...

It took me a second to realize how 30 degree weather translates to sweat, but ah hah, using my wicked smarts I remembered you don't use F scale! Happy Birthday again!

nancypearlwannabe said...

Oh! I missed it! Happy birthday!

julie said...

Happy birthday Aly!!

Hope you had a wonderful day even though you had to work...

I hear you with the storm cloud on your shoulder.
Im hating my job right now.

Noelle said...

Hope you had a most happy birthday! I love the someecards!

rye said...

What fantastic cards! Happy (belated?) birthday!!!

Lys said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Ms. Aly!

kim said...

Happy Birthday Alynda
Hugs from Kim ,Rob, Blake and Sam .. I believe we sipped a few birthday cocktails for you . Selfless lot we are!(We're just back from holidaying in Fiji)The things we do for family!!

Zandria said...

Happy birthday!!!! :)

Jenn said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! :)

Kristabella said...

DUDE! I love someecards.com!

Ostralia said...

Happy B-day, I love the cards, pretty funny.

ARNOLD19Velma said...

The credit loans suppose to be essential for people, which are willing to ground their company. As a fact, that's very comfortable to get a credit loan.





All content (C) Breathe Gently 2006-2023
Blog Design by Splendid Sparrow