Little Miss Thankful

It's the weekend. Weekends are good. And here are some other things that are good right now!

  • Jogging for ten minutes without stopping at the gym. If you know me, you'll know that's an accomplishment. Unfortunately my shins are (still) making me suffer for it today.
  • That even after nearly eight years together, I still discover random things about Jase. Last night's discovery? He's a closet Billy Ocean fan. We might just have to throw this little ditty onto our wedding DJ list.
  • Baking low fat Weight Watchers chocolate chip cookies. I love getting my hands dug into chocolate dough, reminds me of being a kid again. And soon we'll be eating the finished product, yum.
  • Having a big pile of veggies sitting in the fridge that I'm going to make a giant soup out of. I figure if I mash them up and blend them together, I won't taste them individually.. that is the plan, anyway. Talk to me in a few days and I'll let you know how that one went.
  • Watching the World Cup from the UK and making fun of the wimpy players.
  • Sunshine and beautiful weather without it being too hot.
  • Finding old tv episodes online - I don't know where I would be without them. (Oh wait, I know! I'd be re-watching Buffy for the nine thousandth time.)
  • Oscar being cute with his new little trick that makes me feel very loved.
  • Finding Marley & Me at a charity shop and finally getting to start reading - although I'm only a few chapters in and I've already bawled a few times. This isn't going to end well.
What are you enjoying lately?


9 Comments  

9 comments:

Britt said...

10 minutes running is fantastic, lady! Way to go!

Today, I'm loving my wedding band (!!!) and the chocolate chip cookies sitting on my counter :)

~Mum~ said...

oh not THAT billy ocean song
but suddenly would be BEAUTIFUL

;-)

LaLa said...

How was the soup! I can send you some other recipes if you like xx

Fuzzy Cert said...

I'll dance to it, dude.

Today I am loving...
not much actually. I'm a big fat grump today. Who feels sick. And was properly attacked by a cat yesterday and now has several rather deep scratches around the lower part of her leg.

BUT.. I am loving that tomorrow is a public holiday and that will mean several extra dollahs in my pay packet, AND no traffic on a monday. BOOYAH.

Emily Jane said...

Ohhhh I would've loved to be watching the World Cup from the UK! We went to a British Pub here in MB to watch the game on Saturday and it was wonderful, flags everywhere, lots of English people dressed in football shirts, and they even stood up for the anthem. It made me very happy! :)

steph anne said...

WW choc chip cookies - sounds delicious!! I miss being on WW, maybe I should go back on it.

Julie said...

The World Cup!

I am loving it!

Erin said...

Currently, I'm loving s'mores. A lot. I can't help myself!

Anonymous said...

Years ago some one passed this tip on to me in regards to shin pain from running: Before and after you run, write the alphabet with your feet, or just move your ankles in big circles while sitting or holding your foot up. Before I knew this tip running shin pain KILLED me, but it's mostly 100% better now.





All content (C) Breathe Gently 2006-2023
Blog Design by Splendid Sparrow