An Aussie's Travels

I actually can't remember if I have ever mentioned our travel plans for later this year on the blog. I feel as though I have, as they've been on my mind ever since that day back in January when the boy and I sat down and worked out what our year was going to look like - or at least a rough idea of it, anyway. So if you've heard all of this before and it's old news, I apologise - and if you haven't, feel free to get excited along with me.

First of all, I'm travelling with my awesome maid of honour (Miss K) and an equally awesome bridesmaid (Miss J) which is exciting enough in itself! We're waiting for the traditional summer holiday period to end for a few reasons: a) We have lots of visitors stopping by over the summer and I couldn't take time away then, b) I hate, hate crowds and waiting in crazy lines in the summer season, c) It's hot, and d) Travelling in winter is amazingly beautiful and is a lot cheaper - which is perfect since we're on a crazy budget now. The girls will be arriving in early October and after a little while in London, we'll be joining a tour and re-visiting Europe! Other than small trips over the last few years, the last time I really went country hopping in Europe was in 2004 with Jason - we were such babies then! This time, we'll be visiting similar countries as well as a few new ones, and I'll be enjoying it with the girls.

The countries we'll be visiting include: France, Switzerland, Spain, Monaco, Italy, Austria, Germany, the Czech Republic (Prague, love) Belgium and Amsterdam. I've never been to Spain before, so this will be a first for me, and there are a few cities like Berlin and Vienna that I can't wait to properly explore. The trip is for just under a month.

There will hopefully be one or two more bits and pieces on the agenda that will actually include Jason, I haven't forgotten about him! Being able to travel with two of my best girlfriends while he's finishing up at work and looking after Oscar; it is a huge reminder of how lucky I am to be with someone as generous and as amazing as he is. I'd like to think it goes both ways; we've both always been free to travel independently if we wanted to, yet we travel equally as well when it's just the two of us. A little bit of freedom does a happy relationship make.

Without giving too much away yet since things are only partially booked and in the cards, I can tell you that we're hoping to finish our time abroad with a bang! Instead of the usual long-haul flight from London-Sydney with its miserable 24 hour flight time, we're hoping to do things in a super random way and visit a few places we've never been before. I can't wait to update you all, once we know more. It's going to be fantastic!

If you could travel anywhere right now, where would you go - and why?


13 Comments • Labels:  

13 comments:

Jess said...

This trip sounds amazing! And I think it's so fun that you are going to stop in a few cool places on your way home. I am dying to go to Asia--and I assume that might be part of your stopover plans?

Manderz said...

That sums up to a great trip! I want to see all of Europe someday, but my #1 trip is to go to Ireland.

Emily Jane said...

Wow this sounds like an AMAZING trip! I've been to my #1 destination (also Ireland) a couple of years ago, but I still would LOVE to see Prague, India, Italy, and New Zealand.

Anonymous said...

Can we please arrange a day to meet when Kirby gets here? I'm upset that so far we have been unsuccessful in arranging something.

Britt said...

Greece has been on my list forever. And I think we're going to boot it to Iceland next year. Also on my list! :) My list is way too long to ever go everywhere I want!

Julz* said...

lol you do realise you typed Australia instead of Austria? :P

can't wait to travel with you m'dear! :D

Becky said...

Ohhhhh this sounds amazing!!!

Marianne said...

What an awesome trip! I want to go with youuuuuu!

I'd like to travel to Australia or New Zealand someday. I'm so not sure I could handle the flight though.

Kelley @ magnetoboldtoo said...

So jealous!

Right now if I could go anywhere it would be somewhere with a really comfortable bed and room service. LOL

Anonymous said...

Your trip sounds amazing! The US is not too generous with it's vacation time so I don't think I'll ever get to do a month long trip like so many of my non-US friends can, but I can dream! I'm SO jealous!!

As for travel, I'd love to go to any of the places you lovely ladies are heading to and I've always dreamed about visiting Australia and New Zealand.

-R- said...

I am jealous of your travel plans!

If I could go anywhere right now, it would be to the beach in Maine. I've been there a million times, but I'm really craving it right now for some reason.

Megan said...

I'd definitely have to leave the U.S. I've never been out of the country, so I feel sort of horrible about that. I'd love to visit Canada to see blog friends. Mostly, I'd love to visit Italy (because it looks GORGEOUS!) and Ireland (because I have Irish ancestry).

Karen said...

That sounds great. You'll be seeing so many places even I have never been to. And do let me know when you'll be in Munich. From the sounds of it it might be in mid to late October, right? I hope we get to meet up this time.





All content (C) Breathe Gently 2006-2023
Blog Design by Splendid Sparrow