Write To Me

I've been feeling really awful for the past few days, super nauseas and like I have a constricted throat - so chances are I'm coming down with something just in time for this next bout of hot weather in London. Awesome! I woke up this morning though and saw that Karen of Dream Once More had written in her lovely handwriting on her blog; and I figured I might just be able to scrounge up enough energy to do that too.

My own handwriting used to be much neater. It was nice and scripted through university, and then I easily managed to perfect the teacher's printing while I was teaching back in Sydney. But a few more years out of teaching, followed by a whole lot of office and computer work has seen my poor freehand suffer!

Funnily enough, I don't really have one style of writing. I can change it quite easily into a different style, so I find it hard to pinpoint what my usual handwriting looks like. Still, I thought I'd give it a go - following these prompts:

1. Name/Blog Name
2. Right handed, left handed or both
3. Favorite letters to write
4. Least favorite letters to write
5. Write: The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
6. Write in caps:
CRAB
HUMOR
KALEIDOSCOPE
PAJAMAS
GAZILLION
7. Favorite song lyrics
8. Tag 7 people
9. Any special note or drawing

So here's my handwriting as of today - slightly frantic and rushed, crooked and a little messy... but me. 

Some Notes:
I actually have several songs I could've used - and actually would've chosen 'Everything' as Karen featured on her blog! (We have a mutual love of Lifehouse.) The lyrics I ended up choosing are by the same band, from 'Hanging by a Moment' - this is the song that brought Jase and I together back in 2001, so it holds a special place in my heart!
Consider yourselves tagged if you're so inclined and let me know if you do showcase your handwriting on your blog, so I can come and take a peek. They say handwriting says a lot about a person.. what does it say about you?


12 Comments • Labels: ,  

12 comments:

Britt said...

I've been seeing this a few places and I've been meaning to do it! I love your writing. It's so pretty! :)

Emily Jane said...

You have very pretty writing!

Here's mine - it's from when I first saw it so excuse the out of date and very wrong world cup prediction :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v70/thefourthlegacy/handwriting.jpg


FEEL BETTER! xoxo

Lara said...

Your handwriting is adorable! I definitely will have to do this. :)

K said...

I'm just about to do a handwritten post, because I don't have a webcam to do a video blog (yet)...
I love your writing!!!

Fuzzy Cert said...

your handwriting is my favourite thing to see in my letterbox.

Hilary said...

Feel better! I used to have a great handwriting, but after typing everything, I think I forgot how to write! I recently had to fill out a form at work, and it took be three tries. However, when I am bored, I still doodle my first name in all different styles as well write my name and the alphabet with my left hand just as I did when I was in high school.

P said...

I LOVE "Hanging By A Moment". Love it.

Teacher Anonymous said...

Aww. Feel better!

I think I may have to give this a shot. Show the whole world how terrible my handwriting really is!

steph anne said...

I like your handwriting!!! We both like to write BIG and fill in the lines. I've tried to adapt to writing smaller but have failed to do so.

Anonymous said...

I love that song! It's so sweet.

Hope you feel better!

Nathan Pralle said...

Ok, Posted!

My Version

Karen said...

Just now catching up on your blog, and while I have read this post before, I could have sworn I also left a comment but clearly I haven't. You have such pretty handwriting!





All content (C) Breathe Gently 2006-2023
Blog Design by Splendid Sparrow